When traveling in any foreign country, you will encounter different ways of
doing things. There are some insider tips that you are probably not be aware of.
Knowing these tips can make your visit more enjoyable.
Our Hot Tips pages provide valuable information about traveling, eating, and
sleeping in the USA. You'll save time and money by reading our Hot Tips.
- Learn about the different types of transportation available in the US,
including everything from planes to trains to hitchhiking. And learn what is the
best way to get from here to there!
- Find out how to sleep on a budget in the USA. Whether you plan to stay in a
Hotel, a B&B, or a camp ground, you'll know what to expect!
- American food is very different from what most travelers expect. Learn what
common foods in the US are really like. Our food guide will also teach you how
to eat well on a budget!
- The US telephone system is different than most other countries. If you don't
know what to look for, you can spend a lot of money on telephone fees. Our
telephone page will tell you what the cheapest options are for calling in the
- Learn about the different types of stores that you will find in the US and
where to find the bargains. This guide also includes important tips about sizes,
taxes and electrical goods.
Safe in the
- Contrary to popular belief, the United States is not a dangerous country.
However, it is still important to know how to stay safe. Our US safety page has
tips to help keep you safe and to teach you what to do in an emergency.
- Some visitors to the United States will need a visa. Our USA Visa page will
tell you who needs a visa, how to obtain a visa, and what are the various types
of visas. This page also has information about obtaining a visa to work in the